Along the way over the past week:
– I saved the life of a little boy
(seriously, he almost got run over By a speeding car)
– I spontaneously became a participant in a Portuguese wedding
– I spent a sleepless night in a monastery being devoured by mosquitoes
– I’ve inhaled deeply 1000+ times walking through eucalyptus forests
– and I’ve gotten my friend Valentina addicted to Limon Beer (Radlers)
As I mentioned before, the average day of walking for the last 3 weeks has been an average of 30 to 40 km per day.
WALK -> EAT -> SLEEP -> REPEAT
Now, the next three days will be an average of 15 km per day.
MY FEET ARE REJOICING!!
The countryside has become more and more beautiful with each day of walking. With only 7 more days before I reach the end of my Camino journey, I am fantasizing about returning to work in Dubai. No, seriously, I can not wait to get back and unpack my bags and sit my newly skinny ass down behind a computer screen and sit STILL!
But there is still one week of adventures to go and though I am ready for the vacation to be over, I still cherish every second of every day because I know how lucky I am.
Onward to Santiago!!
Receive weekly travel news and special offers.